When it comes to window replacement, be sure to consult Renewal by Andersen® of Western New York. If this is your first time getting replacement windows in Rochester NY, you don’t have to be stressed about it. Here are six things you can do to prepare for your upcoming installation project:
1. Know that Your Windows Won’t be Removed All at Once — There is hardly any practical benefit to removing all windows at once. We take out one or two at a time, then inspect, repair, and clean the wall opening. We’ll take the precise measurements then install the windows. Only then would we proceed with the other units.
2. Remove the Curtains, Shades, and Ornaments — Be sure to clear the entire window space and remove everything on the ledges and sills. You will also have to make sure nothing’s hanging from the window frame.
3. Clear a Path — Our team will have to work from the inside, so a clear path from the entryways to the windows will be essential. Furnishings should be out of the way and covered. If you have breakables, store them in a safe area. Designate the areas where our team are allowed, which bathrooms they could use, and other procedures. This way, we can proceed with the window replacement in Rochester, NY, without any issue.
4. Mind the Dust — The process will release a significant amount of dust. Be sure to prepare before the first day of installation. You should have enough dust covers for the furnishings.
5. Kids and Pets — For safety reasons, children and animals shouldn’t be near work areas. We often recommend bringing the kids and the pets off some place else during window installation. This way, we can move around without worries.
6. Check the Paperwork — We will make sure we process all our orders correctly. Nonetheless, it is always advisable to double-check. In case of errors, we will correct them right away.
Renewal by Andersen of Western New York is the trusted window company in Orchard Park, NY. We will ensure a hassle-free installation experience. If you would like to know more, call us today at (585) 481-8226 or fill out our contact form for a free in-home, no obligation consultation.